!!MESSAGE INCOMING!!

View previous topic View next topic Go down

!!MESSAGE INCOMING!!

Post by Admin on Sat Jun 11, 2016 3:39 am

A low beep pervades the hull of the ship, droning on again and again, penetrating into the ears of the inhabitants of the (uinnamed) ship. On the display in the main deck, text blinks upon the screen over and over, reading "MESSAGE INCOMING... MESSAGE INCOMING... PREPARE FOR VISUAL DISPLAY." According to the readings, the message was coming from a local enforcement agency. Until the call is answered, the alert will continue to blare throughout the ship.

[What are our "heroes" up to when this message arrives? It is up to you guys to decide where you are on the ship and what you're doing. As well as who will answer the message. Post in any order you like. Once everyone has posted, I will make a followup message based on what you guys do. Remember to fill out your character sheets on your profiles with your character info.]

Admin
Admin

Posts : 175
Join date : 2016-06-03

View user profile http://3almigos.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Re: !!MESSAGE INCOMING!!

Post by Jeishi on Sat Jun 11, 2016 4:47 am

.../
.../
.../
Alert: Incoming message received...
.../
>cmd_wake
Loading...
Loading...
Loading...
...NAV1 online.
>cd ../Ultnet_inbox
>cmd_read
>cmd_forward_mail:<Captain>;priority:High
/? Crew_Active
...
...
Error: crew database insufficient
/? Onboard
...
...
Error: onboard scanners offline
>cmd_ob_sens:reboot
...
...
Rebooting onboard sensors. ETA....1813 seconds.
...
...
/? Priority: ~add: crew_db; ob_scan_maintenance
>cmd_intercom
...
Message: "MESSAGE INCOMING... MESSAGE INCOMING... PREPARE FOR VISUAL DISPLAY." ~repeat:yes
>cmd_idle
avatar
Jeishi
Admin

Posts : 72
Join date : 2016-06-03
Age : 30

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: !!MESSAGE INCOMING!!

Post by Sinistergrinz on Sat Jun 11, 2016 9:33 am

Waking from his slumber, Dak, the Namless's battle hardened captain, slips into his combat boots, grabs his peacekeeper jacket and heads for the door. Upon entering the the ships epicenter, he barks an order.
"Jeishi, pull up the message on the big screen, and send word to the rest of the crew to gather in the command room."
"I hope this is better than the last message we received."he sighed.

Sinistergrinz

Posts : 61
Join date : 2016-06-04

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: !!MESSAGE INCOMING!!

Post by Raiidin on Sat Jun 11, 2016 10:46 am

As the alarm on the screen sounds, Raiijin breaks away from his sparring partner. Wiping the sheen of sweat off of his body he dons his cloak. Calling his clone back to him, it feels good to be whole again. He starts the arduous trek back to the epicenter, picking his nails with his beautiful dagger. He speaks softly "sometimes being part of a crew is such a bother".

Raiidin

Posts : 42
Join date : 2016-06-04

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: !!MESSAGE INCOMING!!

Post by Admin on Sat Jun 11, 2016 1:54 pm

[Since we're just in a cinematic scene right now and you were asked to do something, you can post before I make my response post, Allan. As long as you guys aren't doing anything that requires rolls, you can pretty much post all you want. By the way, if you want me to change your usernames I can do that. Or you can put your character names in your character description on your profile.]

Admin
Admin

Posts : 175
Join date : 2016-06-03

View user profile http://3almigos.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Re: !!MESSAGE INCOMING!!

Post by Jeishi on Sat Jun 11, 2016 4:00 pm

Lights and consoles begin flickering alive in response to Dak's entry. Descending from the conduits above hovers in a dimunitive orb-like machine towards the captain. Circling around his head, the Orb crackles as a snythetic voice emminates from within "Affirmative. Relaying message to primary display. Message originates from local enforcement officials; subject remains unknown. Onboard systems remain less than 84.3% functional. I cannot ascertain the whereabouts of chief officers. I've broadcasted summons over ship channels. I expect they will arrive shortly."
avatar
Jeishi
Admin

Posts : 72
Join date : 2016-06-03
Age : 30

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: !!MESSAGE INCOMING!!

Post by Sinistergrinz on Sat Jun 11, 2016 5:06 pm

"Excellent, get the rest of the systems online, looks like we're gonna be getting our hands dirty."

Something catches the corner of Daks eye, as Raiidin steps out of the shadows.

"Good god, we need to get you a cow bell or something" he says startled.

Sinistergrinz

Posts : 61
Join date : 2016-06-04

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: !!MESSAGE INCOMING!!

Post by oHiDeth on Sat Jun 11, 2016 5:14 pm

Action!
The cyborg groans, holding her finger over the blinking notification light before rolling to hang her legs off the side of her bunk. Stretching to reach some 5'8 head to toe she proceeds to rush hurriedly down the hall, hopping on one leg with the other looking for her pants, her free hand combing through a violet mess on her way to the commanddeck
-Cut!-
(OOC: Sorry for the serious lack of quality, in a rush this morning and tablets SUCK for this)

oHiDeth

Posts : 22
Join date : 2016-06-06

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: !!MESSAGE INCOMING!!

Post by Raiidin on Sat Jun 11, 2016 5:46 pm

"A cow bell!! Maybe it is your hearing that needs checked Dak. In this age you can buy new ears altogether. I heard on the planet Zigrash they can implant ears that hear hundreds of miles..but that's neither her nor there. I heard we are getting our hands dirty!! Tell me captain, who do I get to kill?

Raiidin

Posts : 42
Join date : 2016-06-04

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: !!MESSAGE INCOMING!!

Post by Admin on Sat Jun 11, 2016 6:11 pm

Soon enough, the main screen blinks on, revealing the image of a scruffy,.overweight man in a disheveled uniform. He doesn't seem.to notice the connection at first, staring at something off to the side and chuckling a bit to himself.

"Another mine collapsing... Those idiots will be out of workers completely at this rate. At least Earth has lots of losers in need of work..." He then suddenly turns to notice the image of the ship's captain, straightening himself up quickly. Likely the crew had dealt with thisman a number of times, a crude and disgusting man, but reliable for finding them work his force is too lazy to do.

"Hail, Nameless. It's your old pal, Gib. I've got some more work in for ya, though this one is a bit of a doozy. Seems like there's been someone smuggling in illegal alien lifeforms to a nearby planet. My men are far too busy (and valuable) to figure out where the hell it is exactly, let alone take care of it, but we've got some ideas. You think you guys are up for the job?"

Admin
Admin

Posts : 175
Join date : 2016-06-03

View user profile http://3almigos.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Re: !!MESSAGE INCOMING!!

Post by Sinistergrinz on Sat Jun 11, 2016 7:29 pm

"You have some brass balls contacting us after screwing us out of our payment for our last mission, Gib!"

"If you want our help, you are gonna have to sweeten the pot for me and my crew." (Perks of the Job).

Sinistergrinz

Posts : 61
Join date : 2016-06-04

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: !!MESSAGE INCOMING!!

Post by Admin on Sat Jun 11, 2016 8:04 pm

The frumpy man rubs his forehead a bit. "With how far we go back, I thought you might have waited a little.bit before we talked Peace [money]. Fine, since I owe ya one, and you guys don't suck all that bad, I can hook you up with something special. I know a guy who will repair those guns on your ship [so you can actually use them]. Don't got enough funds to actually deal out the dough for last time. But you finish this job and i'll dish out 30K Peace [3 treasure]. And I might turn a blind eye to any missing monetary evidence. Sound good? "

Admin
Admin

Posts : 175
Join date : 2016-06-03

View user profile http://3almigos.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Re: !!MESSAGE INCOMING!!

Post by Sinistergrinz on Sat Jun 11, 2016 9:41 pm

"Give me a moment to confer with my crew, if they agree to those terms we can begin talks on the details of this job,Gib."

Dak turns and looks at each crew member waiting on their input about this potential job.

Sinistergrinz

Posts : 61
Join date : 2016-06-04

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: !!MESSAGE INCOMING!!

Post by Jeishi on Sat Jun 11, 2016 9:55 pm

"Caution is advised. Foreign species yet to be identified. Danger rating unknown. Querying correnspondent for further details is recommended."
avatar
Jeishi
Admin

Posts : 72
Join date : 2016-06-03
Age : 30

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: !!MESSAGE INCOMING!!

Post by oHiDeth on Sun Jun 12, 2016 12:42 am

Finally arriving on the command deck a mess of unkempt hair and wrinkled clothes she offers a quick salute to Captain Dak. "Whatever you need Boss, we've got your six." As always fiercely loyal if a bit slobbish.

oHiDeth

Posts : 22
Join date : 2016-06-06

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: !!MESSAGE INCOMING!!

Post by Sinistergrinz on Sun Jun 12, 2016 10:48 am

"Alright Gib, it seems my crew is eager for some action, lets hear a bit more about this job you have in mind."

Sinistergrinz

Posts : 61
Join date : 2016-06-04

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: !!MESSAGE INCOMING!!

Post by Admin on Sun Jun 12, 2016 1:12 pm

"Glad to hear it! We've narrowed down the activity to a particular city on planet Mayol within this system. All you guys need to do is some investigating of your own to figure out who's doing the dirty work, confiscate the evidence, and bring them up to us. You know the drill: If they pull weapons on you, you are authorized to use deadly force. Otherwise we'd rather bring these scumbags in alive. Worth a lot more as prison laborers." He sort of chuckles to himself. "Anyways, I'll send you the coordinates."

Within a few seconds, a small message appears on the console detailing the location. A secondary message appears shortly after, giving the information on the "hookup" for the repairs.

[Basically, you guys can continue roleplaying here until you feel you are ready to go to one of the locations. I'll make a new thread once you're ready]

Admin
Admin

Posts : 175
Join date : 2016-06-03

View user profile http://3almigos.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Re: !!MESSAGE INCOMING!!

Post by Sinistergrinz on Sun Jun 12, 2016 3:54 pm

"Alright crew, we got two options, get much needed upgrades for our ship or serve justice to some galactic scumbags. Let's throw it up to a vote."

Sinistergrinz

Posts : 61
Join date : 2016-06-04

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: !!MESSAGE INCOMING!!

Post by oHiDeth on Sun Jun 12, 2016 5:37 pm

"Gotta get what's due to us first boss or he might try to short us again. Ain't a charity after all."

oHiDeth

Posts : 22
Join date : 2016-06-06

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: !!MESSAGE INCOMING!!

Post by Raiidin on Sun Jun 12, 2016 8:29 pm

"Ugh, i am bored. Its been too long since we have had some fun. If he shorts us again he will be the next target. Don't you want to move?? Lets go hunting!!"

Raiidin

Posts : 42
Join date : 2016-06-04

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: !!MESSAGE INCOMING!!

Post by Sinistergrinz on Sun Jun 12, 2016 9:07 pm

"Jeishi, input the coordinates to Gib's contact that can fix our ship."

"This better be worth it Gibs." Dak mutters to himself.

Turning to his crew Dak commands, "Gear up everyone! Let's get ourselves some firepower!"


Sinistergrinz

Posts : 61
Join date : 2016-06-04

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: !!MESSAGE INCOMING!!

Post by Jeishi on Sun Jun 12, 2016 10:18 pm

The wisp bobs in response replying "Affirmative. I shall begin the preparations to the ancillary power conduits. Relaying necessary tasks to on-duty engineers for routing tactical controls to the bridge. Estimate required mainframe retrofits to be complete prior to hardware upgrade."
Without pause, the wisp bobs once more and hovers up, returning the ducts from where it dropped down before.

Over the intercom Jeishi can be heard reporting "Be advised, inter-system travel engaging. Location: [wherever the contact is] by way of I.S.T. Jump Gate 315F. Jump duration approximately 27 hours [what unit of time should we be using? Also, it takes days between planets right? I think that's what you wrote Alex.]"

Shortly after, Jeishi pops in the deputy's [Hex, idk your characters name] communicator stating "As Acting Chief of Security aboard the Defiant I have re-allocated Deck 7 Section D as an interim brig until permanent accommodations can be made. Given the original nature of this vessel, such an area was not within the scope of needs. For now the quarantine chambers in 7D should suffice. I have also assigned a minimal staff for overseeing the section in your absence."

At the same time the voice chimes in Raiidin's [Raiijin? Which is it?] communicator "Sir, I have made modifications to the training suite. New parameters have been added to accommodate your... unique duality. I am confident you and your partner will find it a suitable challenge. If - or when - you should find the modifications lacking in difficulty, alert me and I will restructure the algorithm."
avatar
Jeishi
Admin

Posts : 72
Join date : 2016-06-03
Age : 30

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: !!MESSAGE INCOMING!!

Post by Admin on Mon Jun 13, 2016 2:51 pm

[Hours, days, etc are fine unless you guys wanna do something else. I'd say right now 27 hours is fair. The landing location for the next one is not too far away. Don't have to worry too much about it.]

-Moving to: The Garage-

Admin
Admin

Posts : 175
Join date : 2016-06-03

View user profile http://3almigos.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Re: !!MESSAGE INCOMING!!

Post by Raiidin on Mon Jun 13, 2016 4:54 pm

" thank you Jeishi, RAIIJIN says." "it should keep us busy for a while until we land." "Dak, let us k ow if you need anything, we will be testing out our new playground".

Raiidin

Posts : 42
Join date : 2016-06-04

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: !!MESSAGE INCOMING!!

Post by Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

- Similar topics

 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum