Tavern Tales!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

P-Law Warehouse, Terravic City

4 posters

Page 1 of 5 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down

P-Law Warehouse, Terravic City Empty P-Law Warehouse, Terravic City

Post by Admin Sun Jun 19, 2016 3:26 pm

[Moved for ease of navigation and post separation]

The Mad Dogs have found the location of the criminals, an old abandoned warehouse that originally produced P-Law, an old fashioned beverage known in the Imperial era as "Prosperity and Lawfulness" shortened for obvious reasons. It is highly addictive and put the drinker into a mild euphoria, but with no known negative effects on the body (thougb many believe its effects to have been covered up).

The team knows the warehouse to be three floors, with the shipping and storage floor on bottom, the production floor in the middle, and the offices on the top floor. The bodypart figures identified as alien lifeforms are known to be held at the very least on the third floor within boxes covered in musty tarps. There are four entrances, including a potential sewer entrance that runs to the second floor for drainage. The foundation of the building is strong, despite its apparent age.

There are also at least seven guards within the building at a time. Further investigation may reveal more details.

[Mission: Stop the smugglers. If confronted with violence, you are authorized to use deadly force.]

Last edited by Admin on Sun Jun 19, 2016 4:36 pm; edited 1 time in total

Admin
Admin

https://3almigos.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

P-Law Warehouse, Terravic City Empty Re: P-Law Warehouse, Terravic City

Post by Sinistergrinz Sun Jun 19, 2016 3:40 pm

Midnight finally approaches as Dak returns near the location of the warehouse, a low tone emits from his crews communicators.

"Raiijun, I want this done as quietly as possible, if trouble does erupt, Sasha will be outside for support. I will try to infiltrate the warehouse to gain an inside foothold, and possibly distract some of the guards."

"Jeishi, continue reconnaissance, if anything out of the ordinary happens I want an immidiate update."

Sinistergrinz

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeishi Sun Jun 19, 2016 3:57 pm

[how many bolsters have i accrued so far? Im not sure how the trait works in relation to CN. My end goal is to play overwatch and relay vital information over the communicators to make it easier for whoever goes in. Basically spend my turn continuing to recon and hand out bolster till i hit my 5. I figure i got at least one so far so...]

Jeishi reponds on all channels to keep everyone informed "Affirmative, Sir. Raiijin i have a solid reading on the top floor below you. My scans picked up several high threat targets as well as the priority package. Proceed with caution. I will alert you of the enemy actions as i see them."
[Maintaining recon and transferring 1 bolster to Raiijin]
Jeishi
Jeishi
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Sun Jun 19, 2016 4:11 pm

[I'd say you have two because you could really only gather a bit of info without being inside to closely observe activity. The bolster won't help them once they get into combat, but it could help them sneak, navigate, or sucker punch a guy.

Also, I know this isn't really a warehouse despite me saying it was, but it is now technically because the place is stacked with boxes and abandoned equipment.]

Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Raiidin Sun Jun 19, 2016 4:40 pm

Raiijin shimmy back,down the roof to the alley below. Finding the nearest manhole he breaks through the sewer entrance. Finding himself on the second floor he sees the layout. There is one henchman roughly 10 foot away but he is completely oblivious.

{I am going to try and take this guy alive. Do I roll for every action individually? Do I only storytell one action per turn so I can roll every time. If I do multiple actions should only roll once still?? But like I said I want to try and take him alive for information purposes.. I should roll now correct??}

Raiidin

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Sun Jun 19, 2016 5:03 pm

[In this instance, the infiltration is the only thing that requires a roll. So, you would be rolling your Finesse here to see if you can successfully navigate through the sewers and.onto the second floor without getting caught. If you are successful, you can say that you made it there and the man is unaware of your presence. So I'll roll for you this time, but in the future if you do anything that has a risk if you fail performing it (such as sneaking past a guard) then you will have to roll.

If you're unsure if you need to roll, just do it anyways and I can always tell you afterwards if it's not necessary.

Remember as well that you only get to tell one good tale per turn, so for instance you can't both unlock a door and kill a guy on the same turn. Players might skip their turns if they are not in danger, though, to let you take multiple turns in a row etc.]

Last edited by Admin on Sun Jun 19, 2016 5:05 pm; edited 1 time in total

Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Sun Jun 19, 2016 5:03 pm

The member 'Admin' has done the following action : Die Roller

'd20' :
P-Law Warehouse, Terravic City D20
Result : 9, 18, 6

Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Sun Jun 19, 2016 5:10 pm

You manage to sneak successfully into the warehouse without anyone learning of your position. However, it was simpler than it seemed. You hear the coms of the man you watch flare up. "Heard something suspicious coming from the walls down here... Especially with the tipoff we got earlier, this is pretty dangerous. Everyone be on high alert."

The guard replies back with confirmation, and sets his hand upon a holster upon his side, as well as beginning to flick his flashlight around the room. You feel it would only be a matter of time before he spots you.

Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Sun Jun 19, 2016 5:39 pm

[Oh. I should have asked if you wanted to spend that bolster or not. In this case I will let you decide now if you wanted to have spent it, though in the future you will have to tell me before the roll is made.]

Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Raiidin Sun Jun 19, 2016 7:23 pm

{I don't use that bolster. I am sorry I'm just trying,to grasp this.. I should of told you I was using without a trace.. Which would make me,impossible to see.. I also didnt realize that sneaking into a building was a challenge since I used my clone to scope everything out. So I apologize for not rolling. Is a one ability, one roll per turn a good base then?}

Raiidin

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Sun Jun 19, 2016 8:35 pm

[I see now. So you were attempting to use Without A Trace. Normally to sneak in would require some sort lf stealth. In this case then, you were right to not make a roll since there was no risk involved. Just be sure to mention the traits you're using because it's hard to remember or look them uo sometimes.

So! You do hear on the coms that they got a tip off that someone was snooping, but they don't seem.all that weary of your presence yet.

As far as actions go, you can technically do more than one thing in your turn, but you can only do one thing at a time that involves a risk. And not take up a ton of time. In this instance, your turn could have taken a few.minutes no problem since we're just in the planning phase, once things get hairy though turns are going to be more strict.]

Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sinistergrinz Mon Jun 20, 2016 12:51 pm

Dak knocks on the front door of the warehouse..

Sinistergrinz

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Mon Jun 20, 2016 2:01 pm

The warehouse remains silent for a moment as the knock resounds softly through the bottom floor. The coms come to life suddenly then. "Just heard a knock. I think the boss might be here early... That bastard is always putting us on our toes." A few chuckles resound through the mostly empty corridors.

Not long afterward, a voice comes from the other side of the door. "Who is it?" comes a gravelly voice, mostly muffled by the metal of the door.

Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sinistergrinz Mon Jun 20, 2016 3:41 pm

"It's Dak, just got hired by your boss earlier today. Mind if I come in? It's looks a little suspicious with me standing out here, I had no way of contacting you guys."

Sinistergrinz

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Mon Jun 20, 2016 4:43 pm

The voice goes silent for a moment, then chimes back in. "I heard boss wasn't expecting anyone until later. He's not here yet, so you're gonna have to wait a while!" There is a. It of noise from.the interior, as the men begin to get a tad anxious.

[And here is where you can try and talk them down]

Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sinistergrinz Mon Jun 20, 2016 4:58 pm

"I mean I could sit out here until he arrives or I could lighten your workload and help get everything ready, we all know things never go as planned, and having an extra hand around never hurts. I don't even mind doing the boring, monotonous stuff I just want everything to go smoothly so everyone gets paid."

[Expert: Charming]

Sinistergrinz

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Mon Jun 20, 2016 5:14 pm

[You guys can start rolling for yourselves now, by the way. If you think you're doing something risky that has a reward, go ahead and roll. That way we save a.message since I have to make a new post to be able to roll the dice. So, you will use the highest of these rolls +2. On a 13 or less, you get a bad tale, and on an 8 or more you tell a good tale. Just as a reminder to everyone.]

Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Mon Jun 20, 2016 5:14 pm

The member 'Admin' has done the following action : Die Roller

'd20' :
Result : 13, 5, 18

Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Mon Jun 20, 2016 5:17 pm

The man thinks it over for a bit longer, before you heard a few tumblers shifting and the door beginning to unlock. Standing before you is a hulking.bearded figure with a tattoo of a skull covering half of his visible face. "Fuck, you're a bit of a tryhard. We don't got much to do right now, but I'm sure the boys will be busy enough in a minute. Go talk to Polo, the guy with the scarf in the room behind."

Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Raiidin Mon Jun 20, 2016 7:43 pm

As Raiijin stands on the third floor landing he hears Dak charming his way in. "Nice job boss, he thinks to himself". He wants one taken alive for question so I might as well start with a guy from the top floor. Form all observations nobody else wonders up this way.

{I am,going to attempt to take him alive and I plan on using the bolster that I got from jeishi. Do I go ahead and roll or wait for confirmation?}

Raiidin

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeishi Mon Jun 20, 2016 8:01 pm

Jeishi sees Dak enter thru the front door and relays the information to the rest of the team

"Raiijin. Sasha. The Captain has infiltrated the enemy ranks via the bottom floor entrance. I advise you begin apprehension of targets on top and bottom floors while the first floor is occupied. Sasha, i will lead you thru the best course to reach the roof where you may use the access hatch to enter. I will begin my approach for a clearer view."

[The sewer entrance lead to the 2nd floor, no? So Raiijin is on the middle one? For my turn im giving a bolster to hex (if she pops on) to get into the rooftop quietly. You said there were 4 entrances but werent clear where they all are. If one isnt on the roof then id show her were an open/smashed window is (guess i should ask: does the place have windows?) where she can enter without much of a scene. Then im flying closer (Slowly as to not break stealth so i magine its gonna be a bit before i get there) to get a better view to assist the team.]

Edit: Brice, feel free to roll and worst case we just ignore the roll. Rule of thumb is this: if theres a risk of failure then roll. Might help to say what you're rolling and what stat you think applies. Like so:

[Rolling Finesse to incapacitate this guard quietly. Ill use the bolster for this.]
Jeishi
Jeishi
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Raiidin Mon Jun 20, 2016 8:22 pm

What jeishi said.

Raiidin

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Mon Jun 20, 2016 8:22 pm

The member 'Raiidin' has done the following action : Die Roller

'd20' :
Result : 16, 7, 13

Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Mon Jun 20, 2016 8:49 pm

[You guys are free to come uo woth your own details as long as they're not too convenient. If I feel like something you want to be there might be but might not, I'll make a roll to determine if it is, or just say it. But things like if there's a pie in thw bakery etc you can create yourself. In this case, it's safe to assume there are windows, and there might be roof access to the building as long as you can get to the top.

Also,.I keep forgetting that when you roll it says I posted. Haha.]

The maintenance man is blissfully unaware as he is suddenly floored, unconscious with a single strike and having his coms fall out of his ear onto the ground. "It was just the new guy. He's brown nosing and wants to help with some moving before the boss gets here..." can be heard from the device.

Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sinistergrinz Mon Jun 20, 2016 9:10 pm

"Yes sir!" Dak exclaims with a brisk salute.

Walking past the guard at the door, Dak proceeds to the room in the back to find Polo. Giving the room a quick once over Dak notices stairs leading up to the floor above and what looks like old machinery and wooden crates strewn about the room. Dak immediately recognizes Polo due to him being the only one with a scarf on.

"Hey, you must be Polo, need a hand with anything? Wanna get all this ready before the boss shows up." ( I say the last part a little louder in hopes that maybe Raiijun could hear )

Sinistergrinz

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 5 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum