Kens character idea

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Kens character idea

Post by Sinistergrinz on Mon Jun 06, 2016 10:00 pm

Here's my idea, I was thinking of a galaxy peacekeeper idea, armored to the teeth ready to go toe to toe with whatever the universe throws at him, kinda along the lines of a space paladin, he believes that it is crucial to uphold the laws that govern the galaxy and he has no problem enforcing those laws with extreme prejudice to those who break them. He is untrustworthy of those outside the human race and is quick to judge those races due to the overwhelming crimes committed by them.

Any and all help/suggestions would be appreciated.

Sinistergrinz

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Kens character idea

Post by Admin on Mon Jun 06, 2016 11:10 pm

Howdy there, Ken. There's a few things I might be able to suggest to you based on the law-abiding factor.

- Authority (for Local laws) could be an interesting general trait to take. It lets you know information about local laws, as well as impose your own.
- Expert (for Discerning Lies) would make you more easily tell if someone is lying to you. Expert (for Interrogation) might be good for you, too.
- If you're religious, Smite as a combat trait (under Faith) might still work for the character. Just, less holy avenger and more motivated to kill.
- Binding Contract (under Occultist) could be interesting. You could flavor it that, instead of a demon or whatever keeping the contract, any contract you write up is directly sent to some galactic police force and monitored regularly for being withheld.
- Deputy as an Interaction trait (under Tracking) makes you a representative of the law, and you get the perks the would come with it (such as collaboration from local authorities, citizens more likely to talk to you, respect you, etc).
- If you want to be heavily armored, you could look into the Armor Plating trait from the Artifice.
- Intimidating as an Interaction trait (under Savage) lets you be intimidating to pretty much anyone. For instance, you might even be able to intimidate a robot.
- Gut Instinct (under Savage) lets you read the mood of an area.
- Superstitious (under Savage) lets you make up a superstition, which becomes true. So if you are religious, this can be useful for making your religion seem all the more real.
- No Escape (under Savage) lets you automatically do something against someone who tries to escape you.

It seems like Faith, Tracking, and Savage fit your character the most. Remember, you can mix and match between themes.

Admin
Admin

View user profile http://3almigos.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Sinistergrinz on Tue Jun 07, 2016 12:00 am

Only problem is I can't get the pdf file

Sinistergrinz

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin on Tue Jun 07, 2016 12:34 am

I've been starting to post the traits in another thread in the Character section. Very slow process, but will have the rest up eventually.

Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by oHiDeth on Tue Jun 07, 2016 1:31 am

I change my mind, I now support Ken for captain instead of Allan.

oHiDeth

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sinistergrinz on Tue Jun 07, 2016 3:28 pm

Thinking of going 2 brawn, 1 mind, 2 willpower with the traits Armor plating, Fame/infamy reguarding the reputation of our merc band and stronghold for the ship, any other ideas or suggestions would be appreciated. Once I get the name of our ship and squad I can make up a backstory detailing how I got the traits and such.

Sinistergrinz

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeishi on Tue Jun 07, 2016 4:12 pm

I think you mean Spirit, not willpower but other than that, seems a solid spread. With armor plating you'll need to spend treasure for some armor. I'm not sure what other people have and if this is ok with Alex but i have 1 extra treasure you can take. I'm only using 1 atm.

as far as the ship and squad, i think we should collaborate on whether we're going for fame or infamy. I'm thinking infamy might be more suited to mercs. Doesnt mean we can't be good guys, just that we dont care much for how we do it. People figure out who we are and they pee their pants kinda deal. Maybe one of us can get that "Not getting paid enough" trait to hammer home our legit status.
Jeishi
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sinistergrinz on Tue Jun 07, 2016 4:23 pm

My whole concept is based around a front line buffer, a captain that leads from the front, that bolsters allies through orders and battle cries. So my traits will start to reflect that later if we survive lol

Sinistergrinz

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin on Tue Jun 07, 2016 4:59 pm

Sounds good to me. Remember that you can bring stats down to negatives if you want, though if course you don't have to.

Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by oHiDeth on Thu Jun 09, 2016 10:32 am

I realize I offered to be QuarterMaster in a different topic, however I'm stepping down to STRONGLY SUGGEST you take the command interaction trait BASIC TRAINING, you already have a full crew of basically free minions to abuse this with. Godspeed Captain!

oHiDeth

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeishi on Thu Jun 09, 2016 10:44 am

oHiDeth wrote:I realize I offered to be QuarterMaster in a different topic, however I'm stepping down to STRONGLY SUGGEST you take the command interaction trait BASIC TRAINING, you already have a full crew of basically free minions to abuse this with. Godspeed Captain!

Can be something you pick up after some xp. It could mirror the experience our crew gets while adventuring with us
Jeishi
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sinistergrinz on Sat Jun 11, 2016 5:55 pm

After seeing everyone's character I'm thinking of going more of a party face/ buffer route so I'll switch a few things up and get my edited character sheet up to date

Sinistergrinz

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sinistergrinz on Mon Jun 13, 2016 2:54 pm

So I went 1 brawn, 1 mind and 2 spirit, took give order, perks of the job, stronghold and expert - charming I should have 1 xp left over. I was thinking of getting a gun but how does ammo work? And maybe armor of some sort would that be 2 treasures?

Sinistergrinz

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeishi on Mon Jun 13, 2016 5:14 pm

Im not 100% on that either the way i interpreted it was you get 3 ammo before you need to replenish (AKA buy it again.) every fight that you employ your ranged weapon docks 1 ammo. so basically a ranged weapon lasts 3 encounters then u need to re-supply. Im not sure if Alex wants to amend these rules to fit a more ranged oriented world or not. I'm also not sure how that interacts with Tooth and Nail since i got a ranged weapon thru that nor how much it would cost to replenish it (would it be adjusted to max combat cost?) I have one treasure left so if you want to get yourself 2 combat items I can lend you mine. Remember items take up treasure like xp as far as categories go. so if u wanted armor and a weapon since they're both combat, it'd be 1 treasure for the first, then 2 treasure for the 2nd for a total of 3 treasure for both.
Jeishi
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sinistergrinz on Mon Jun 13, 2016 5:34 pm

Well since I'm kinda a bard I was thinking of the weapon from gaurdians of the galaxy that little whistle thing

Sinistergrinz

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin on Mon Jun 13, 2016 7:06 pm

Ranged weapons obviously let you attack at a distance, but require ammo. The ammo is thematic and not a real.measurement of how much ammunition you have left. Every ranged weapon gets 3 ammo. Every Challenge where you use your ranged weapon (encounters, or otherwise) you lose 1 ammo. Because ammo does not cost 1 treasure, you can just get more again when you would normally be able to restock or recharge your weapon.

In the case of tooth and nail, it might be you have quills that you grow to throw at people, an internal battery supply, or maybe you also take ammo in the case of a machine. It's up to you to decide how it works.

Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeishi on Mon Jun 13, 2016 7:16 pm

Cool, so i was close but not exactly right. Thanks for the clarification
Jeishi
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down