Tavern Tales!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Terravic City - Planet Mayol

5 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Terravic City - Planet Mayol - Page 2 Empty Re: Terravic City - Planet Mayol

Post by Sinistergrinz Sat Jun 18, 2016 10:26 am

Dak finishes his drink and waits patiently for some of the regulars to start funneling out of the establishment. After most of the taverns regulars have exited, Dak walks over to the man in the Crimson jacket.

"I've heard you are in the market for some discreet workers who are not afraid to break some laws"

[Expert:Charming, trying to get him to lower his guard]

Sinistergrinz

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Sat Jun 18, 2016 1:27 pm

The man in the jacket turns his attention to Dak, sneering slightly before looking him up and down to size him up.

Last edited by Admin on Sat Jun 18, 2016 1:27 pm; edited 1 time in total

Admin
Admin

https://3almigos.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Sat Jun 18, 2016 1:27 pm

The member 'Admin' has done the following action : Die Roller

'd20' :
Terravic City - Planet Mayol - Page 2 D20
Result : 18, 8, 17

Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Sat Jun 18, 2016 1:33 pm

"Ah... You're a tough lookin' one. Well, I just might be looking for workers for a new business I've begun..." The man chuckled slightly to himself. "Perhaps I could use a man like you as the muscle. You see, I have a warehouse in town with some very valuable product. You lookin' for a job like that? If so, come see me in the building just across from this one, upstairs, at 5AM..."

[Progress: 2/5 remaining]
[And now for Jeishi.]

Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Sat Jun 18, 2016 1:33 pm

'd20' :
Result : 17, 16, 17

Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Sat Jun 18, 2016 1:39 pm

Jeishi was able to scout quite efficiently about the town, finding a few locations of suspicious activity scattered along the dirty streets. Most of what he finds can be attributed to drug dealers, or some sort of rebellious uprising. Lots of griping about the leader of the planet, Johus. It seems as though he had instated a new law that prevented citizens from leaving planet until a number of years of work had been performed.

What Jeishi did glean which might have been a clue was a set of warehouses with guards stationed outside of them, very suspicious because they were not in use. Anyone could tell their smokestacks hadn't been spewing out smog for a number of years now.

[Progress: 1/5 remaining]

Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeishi Sat Jun 18, 2016 1:51 pm

[How far away is this warehouse? could i reach it quickly if needed?]
Jeishi
Jeishi
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Raiidin Sat Jun 18, 2016 2:18 pm

As soon as Raiijin overheard the warehouse whereabouts he slipped out the door. It was a simple thing to shimmy up the side of the building and poke around. Standing on a vent listening to the henchman inside. "Seven men inside." the clone says as he seemingly dispersed from the shadows. "Alien tech is confirmed and they look hostile" "species unknown but they appear larger then men". "Four ways into the buolding, two from this roof, one from the sewer and the backdoor is unlocked. The clone says. "Thank you Raiijin says. Return to me." As Raiijin stands he cracks his knuckles. "Time to report."

Raiidin

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeishi Sat Jun 18, 2016 2:34 pm

[While a fun and flavorful post, theres a level of randomeness and chance of failure that usually accompanies your turn. So normally, you say what you intend to do. (in this case, climb on top the biilding and snoop.) youd roll and depending on the results alex will tell you what follows. That way theres a level of anticipation and gamble to your turns. Not sure what Alex had in mind but for now we could maybe play it out as if you rolled a middle result. Your good tale was you found out whats inside but now alex can decide some negative repercussion]
Jeishi
Jeishi
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Sat Jun 18, 2016 4:54 pm

[Luckily in this case, that post doesn't really hurt anything for the story. However, there was a major risk involved woth the task, which would usually require you to roll to determine if you were successful or not. This time, I will let you guys go with that since you still haven't concretely identified these people as the smugglers and thus the investigation continues.

Oh yeah, and remember when you first use your clone in a day you get the condition "Weakened" until you reform into one and get some sleep.

The warehouse is about six blocks from the bar.]

Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sinistergrinz Sat Jun 18, 2016 5:17 pm

[ So is the task done or did he pretty much tell a neutral tale]

Sinistergrinz

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeishi Sat Jun 18, 2016 5:36 pm

A sudden voice cuts thru the low din of the tavern audible only to Dak, thanks to his personal communicator.

"Sir, i have conducted my preliminary scan of the area. Several low-threat contacts permeate the surrounding area. One high suspect location identified. Several moderately guarded warehouses on the [whichever direction. East maybe?] end of the the city. Accumilated pollution belies the apparent use of the area. Further inspection is advised. Pending alternate orders i will execute further analysis"

[Basically imma watch the area longer to get more bolsters (the limit is 5, not sure what rate they accrue at) for tackling that area.]
Jeishi
Jeishi
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Sat Jun 18, 2016 6:20 pm

[Because you guys haven't confirmed the warehouse belongs to the smugglers, or who the smugglers are, it is not complete. Either you'll have to stake out/infiltrate to find out,.or maybe this new crimson coat guy will reveal it to you guys. Or you can find another method.]

Rolling for Allan...

Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Sat Jun 18, 2016 6:20 pm

'd20' :
Result : 16, 13, 8

Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Sat Jun 18, 2016 6:25 pm

The observations of the warehouse confirm the reports made earlier. The layout of the place is very simple, and while it takes a while for anything to come other than learning the patterns amd locations of individuals, very suspicious activity begins after a while.

Two new men enter the building, and begin to inspect some of the boxes sitting about on the highest floor (of three). Therein could be spotted what looked to be squirming body parts in glass tubes about two feet high. Their exact form could not be seen from this angle, but they were no doubt alien.

[Investigation: Complete.
New objective: Apprehend the criminals.]

Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sinistergrinz Sat Jun 18, 2016 6:55 pm

"Sounds good, I'll be at the warehouse at 5."

Dak nods at the man in the Crimson coat and process to head towards the exit of the bar. When Dak is out of earshot he speaks into his communicator.

"With the confirmation of this smuggling operation, I'll need surveillance on the warehouse until we move on it, we need to make sure they are not spooked and try to "rid" themselves of the evidence. Remember that anyone we take alive, could be a bonus for us. I meet with their leader at 5 am. I suggest striking in the middle of the night and taking them by surprise"

Sinistergrinz

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Sat Jun 18, 2016 9:17 pm

[Now that the challenge is over, your CN resets, except for any conditions you have that might still apply (such as the Weakened one). Conditions go away whenever it makes sense for them to.]

Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2