Tavern Tales!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Tavern Tales Space Adventure Worldbuild

5 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Tavern Tales Space Adventure Worldbuild Empty Tavern Tales Space Adventure Worldbuild

Post by Admin Mon Jun 06, 2016 4:31 pm

Decided after all to go with what Allan said, just so it's easier for people to navigate. Basically, this is where we build the world of our game together. Don't worry, you don't have to do too much work, just give me ideas of what you guys would like to see,so we can flesh out the game a little more for us all.

I would like every player give post 1 or more things they would like in the game. This can range from "it's easy to die", a certain NPC or organization in the game, or even a change of physics. Here are some more examples:
- Alien races are extremely common
- Cowboy fashion is popular among captains.
- Cats and dogs have been replaced with six legged mutants.
- The planetary government is hyper strict, executing criminals on the spot of a crime.
- There is 1000 year old man who shares secrets from a forgone era.

Currently, we have the following established in our game:
- Future setting, sci fi.
- Spaceships, worldhopping.
- Players are mercenaries or bounty hunters.
- Aliens exist, and at least some of them are hideous abominations.
- Cyborgs and androids exist.

Take your time, or blurt out the first things you guys think of. Remember, you can suggest anything, and there are no bad ideas.

Admin
Admin

https://3almigos.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Tavern Tales Space Adventure Worldbuild Empty Re: Tavern Tales Space Adventure Worldbuild

Post by Jeishi Mon Jun 06, 2016 5:45 pm

The only thought that popped in my mind immediately was that technology became sentient and left earth cuz humans suck. But that sorta overlaps cyborgs/androids. Ill try and think of some other ideas.
Jeishi
Jeishi
Admin

Back to top Go down

Tavern Tales Space Adventure Worldbuild Empty Re: Tavern Tales Space Adventure Worldbuild

Post by Admin Mon Jun 06, 2016 6:11 pm

Maybe robots and cyborgs don't live on earth anymore. That's entirely possible. Sentient techonolgy is definitely an interesting idea. Maybe everything advanced enough has an AI, and all AI have a disposition against humans.

Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by oHiDeth Tue Jun 07, 2016 12:59 am

1. Hyperspace Lanes, restricting FTL drives and teleportation 'bays' to alien technologies. (this does not include personal teleportation through traits, I'm not a monstar) Otherwise we'd never leave a starport and/or constantly jump to light speed whenever someone so much as sneezed.

2. Military Forces - maybe not all out war, but the universe needs to protect those hyperspace lanes from deadly SPACE TERRORISM!!!

3.Undecided, I'll think of something once we have a better grasp of the world.

So yeah, those are the things I want to exist in the world.

oHiDeth

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Tue Jun 07, 2016 1:06 am

Didn't you also want to decide on whether or not we're doing bounty hunters or mercs?

Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by oHiDeth Tue Jun 07, 2016 1:15 am

No that's a group call you said so yourself. Personally I can go either way but I'm leaning towards Mercenaries to be more accommodating to the current character concepts

oHiDeth

Back to top Go down

Post by Sinistergrinz Tue Jun 07, 2016 2:54 am

I think it would be a neat idea to be able to upgrade our ship i.e. Bigger guns, better navigation stuff like that which could help us on our contracts by keeping us defended or better informed of what we are getting into

Sinistergrinz

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Tue Jun 07, 2016 4:31 am

That makes sense. So you guys would like some space battles, and the ship to feel more like a base, then?

Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Raiidin Tue Jun 07, 2016 6:31 am

I like that idea

Raiidin

Back to top Go down

Post by oHiDeth Tue Jun 07, 2016 7:47 am

Theres a trait for that too.

Command - Explore
Stronghold
You own a heavily defensible, self-sufficient stronghold. Collaborate on the stronghold’s properties. If you like, it has staff dedicated to upkeep. They’re your minions with the contract “____ will maintain your stronghold in exchange for safely living there.”

Describe: Overseeing your staff and subjects, reinforcing walls, securing territory, negotiating with neighbors.

Strongholds: Wizard tower, keep, fortress, cave system, battleship, tree-top fortress, extradimensional castle.

I imagine the holder of this trait would UNDOUBTEDLY be made our MOST GLORIOUS CAPTAIN! King of the nation (your ships name here) which we've all pledged our lives to. (More or less. XD)

oHiDeth

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeishi Tue Jun 07, 2016 10:59 am

Space battles sounds pretty slick to me. expanding on the military forces, there could be a big bad that floats around. like the borg or something. a super scary deadly unstoppable force thats slowly devouring the universe. maybe its on the fringes of space and people dont really believe in it the farther in you go. (Think white walkers from GoT)

another idea is about currency. Is there a galactic exchange? Is it entirely bartering? Maybe there was an ancient Empire that spanned all of space that collapsed suddenly and inexplicably and the currency we use is a relic to their reign. There could be giant space hulks of that race that scavengers and looters pick thru to find hidden treasures like pyramid robbers. Kinda like that nonnomnera game, alex.
Jeishi
Jeishi
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeishi Tue Jun 07, 2016 11:06 am

Oh, and as far as the merc thing. We could start out as mercs hired by a bounty hunting organization. that way we still start out the same but have the option of branching out if the need/want arises.
Jeishi
Jeishi
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sinistergrinz Tue Jun 07, 2016 12:29 pm

We need a name for the ship and our merc group!!

Sinistergrinz

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Tue Jun 07, 2016 1:59 pm

You guys have some good ideas. Mercenaries might make sense, with some of them being folded in from a group of bounty hunters possibly. I was thinking you guys might have been chosen for a particular deed you had done that got you recognized, so they're giving you higher profile jibs than they normally would. No bodyguarding for bumpkins.

About your currency idea, though, Allan. I think I get what you mean, though I might not. Could you go into a little bit more detail? Like, is the entire currency in the universe from an empire that has long since deceased, and it gets more and more valuable because nobody is making more? Not sure if I'm understanding correctly.

Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Tue Jun 07, 2016 2:19 pm

Sinistergrinz wrote:We need a name for the ship and our merc group!!
For your squad and organization, if you're part of a bigger group. You don't have to be, though. You guys can be a solo deal if you want. Maybe have some sort of message board you can reference to pick up jobs from.

Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeishi Tue Jun 07, 2016 2:44 pm

Admin wrote:About your currency idea, though, Allan. I think I get what you mean, though I might not.

So it stands to reason that the entirety of space would all use vastly different currencies since they all sprouted from different remote places. But it turns out everyone actually DOES use the same currency. It's XYZ and everyone uses it because we were all in fact part of a once great galactic empire that established the currency long ago. Could simplify it and just say everyone uses "credits" but that's a pretty cliche term. There could be a special planet that facilitates the worth/economy of the currency and no one fucks with them cuz they hold everyone's purse strings.

I was just further embellishing the idea with there being ruins and derelict sites of this bygone race here and there as further settings/sites/items for us to happen across.
Jeishi
Jeishi
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Tue Jun 07, 2016 3:04 pm

Sounds good to me!

Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by oHiDeth Tue Jun 07, 2016 7:10 pm

I'm not so sure how I feel about a big bad unstoppable force. It's a classic troupe for a reason because it works, but we're dirty stinkin' selfish bastards, it's why we freelance. A big bad other than just Opposing army X,Y,or Z feels like a 'Heroic' obligation.

oHiDeth

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Tue Jun 07, 2016 7:27 pm

Doesn't have to directly oppose or be part of any of your missions, I wouldn't think. It would just be a.potential threat like if you ventured their way or interfered with their plans.

Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by oHiDeth Wed Jun 08, 2016 9:42 am

So guys! Minions yay or nay? I'm still not sure if we're running as just our core group or trying to field a somewhat sizeable fighting force (for reasons.) I have some kick ass ideas. So let me know, please and thank you.

oHiDeth

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeishi Wed Jun 08, 2016 10:32 am

I think Kens stronghold comes with at least a crew. working towards some Red-Shirts might not be a bad idea
Jeishi
Jeishi
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sinistergrinz Wed Jun 08, 2016 5:39 pm

Would it be plausible to consider my crew my minions for trait purposes?

Sinistergrinz

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Wed Jun 08, 2016 5:40 pm

Yeah, Ken can decide if he wants a mini crew or not for the ship. They wouldn't be effective combatants but they would be able to take care of the ship and clean the toilets.

Edit: Yes, they are considered minions.

Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by oHiDeth Wed Jun 08, 2016 7:04 pm

So with our captain's consent I'd like to take over the duties of QuarterMaster. He's far too busy kicking ass and taking names to teach plebs how to not get horribly murdered at every turn.

oHiDeth

Back to top Go down

Post by oHiDeth Wed Jun 08, 2016 7:13 pm

I can't figure out how to edit on this piece of shit (my tech, not the forum) soiI'll just add another note* I'm talking about the 'Red Shirt' ground assault forces, not the general crew.

oHiDeth

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next